By BRENT MARTIN
St. Joseph Post
Several roads have been closed in northwest Missouri due to flooding.
The Missouri Department of Transportation has released a list of roads which it has closed, because of high water.
- Route 48 between Elm Street and County Road 168 (One Hundred and Two River)
- Route 48 between County Road 149 and Line Street (One Hundred and Two River)
- Route B between Richardson and County Road 141 (One Hundred and Two River)
- Route C between Route 48 and Lake Street (One Hundred and Two River)
- Route C between Prospect and County Road 177 (One Hundred and Two River)
- Route A between Watson and B Avenue (Excess runoff)
- Route BB is not closed, but water does cover one lane. Use caution. (Excess runoff)
- Route C between U.S. Route 36 and Easton Saxton road (Platte River)
- Route H between Route FF and SE 90th (Platte River)
MoDOT says its crews are closely monitoring conditions as melted ice and snow has saturated the ground, making potential flooding more likely. The National Weather Service has forecast the Missouri River could reach its third-highest create of 28.5 feet. The record crest is just over 32 feet.
Roads can be closed or re-opened on short notice during flash floods, according to MoDOT.
Road conditions are available by clicking here for the Traveler Information Map. You can also call MoDOT’s 24-hour Customer Service line: 888 ASK MODOT (1-888-275-6636)