By state law, the sales tax holiday begins on the first Friday in August and continues through the following Sunday. Certain back-to-school purchases, such as clothing, school supplies, computers, and other items as defined by the statute, are exempt from sales tax for this time period only.
In 2020, the Sales Tax Holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 6, and runs through Sunday, August 8.
Information for cities, counties, and districts not participating in the 2021 Sales Tax Holiday, 2021 Rate Tables, and 2021 Rate Cards will be updated and posted prior to the start of the 2021 Sales Tax Holiday event.
Cities, Counties, and Districts that Elected Not to Participate
- List of cities that elected not to participate in the 2021 Tax Holiday.
- List of counties that elected not to participate in the 2021 Tax Holiday.
- List of districts that elected not to participate in the 2021 Tax Holiday.
2021 Rate Tables
- Tax Holiday Rate Tables – 08/06/21 – 08/08/21 – PDF
- Tax Holiday Rate Tables – 08/06/21 – 08/08/21 – XLS
2021 Rate Cards
- Print a Back to School Sales Tax Holiday Rate Card
(If you do not know the tax rate for your location(s) access the rate tables above.)
For questions regarding the Back to School Sales Tax Holiday, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Missouri tourism information and shopping destinations visit: www.visitmo.com.